Government of Hong Kong has launched a series of funds designed to boost business development of SMEs to help them take advantage of business growth opportunities in various markets.
BUD Fund - HKD 6,000,000 TVP Fund - HKD 600,000 Cyberport / HKSTP Fund - HKD 1,000,000 SME Export Marketing Fund - HKD 800,000
Our expertise will enable you to qualify for those grants regardless of whether you have a Hong Kong registered business.
Three challenges faced by enterprises while applying
Process of documentation is extremely time-consuming
Statistically, 100+ types of documents and forms required to be filled in and prepared.
Lengthy submission and assessment process
This process needs to be closely monitored, otherwise it may miss the deadline for the next phase.
Errors can only be corrected by resubmitting the whole material
One single error could end up in going through the whole resubmission process all over again.
Our expertise lies in helping businesses apply for various Hong Kong Business Grants. We have been helping companies from different industries successfully acquire a variety of government-funded business grants. The maximum approved amount is HKD 6,000,000 for BUD funds.
Welcome to our team
Our team is dedicated to handling applications for the four major SME funds in Hong Kong by speeding up the process with a 100% approval rate. In our capacity as experts in government-funded grants, we understand the paperwork, assessment procedures and criteria so that we can assist our clients in obtaining the funds effortlessly.
For any enquiries or questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our team will help you get your approval within 12 months. Usually a submission for the currect quarter is granted at the end of next quarter.
January-March submissions will be granted in June April-June submissions will be granted in September July-September submissions will be granted in December
Companies that operate in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, policies, and grant requirements are at no risk. A violation will result in the cancellation of the application or the refund of the funds allocated; the applicant company may also be held liable for any damages sustained by the Government. The service agreement signed ensures the confidentiality of information and compliance with pertinent policies and regulations.
Why choose us?
We had successfully applied for and obtained grants from the Hong Kong branch of our organization. As a result, we have gone through the whole process ourselves and on a number of occasions for our clients, and our businesses are thriving in diverse markets with the help of Hong Kong business grants.
Successful Submissions Amount
Businesses We Are Engaged In
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government established a "Dedicated Fund on Branding, Upgrading, and Domestic Sales" ("the BUD Fund") to assist Hong Kong enterprises in developing their brands, upgrading and restructuring their operations, and encouraging domestic sales in Mainland China and overseas.
TVP is set up to help enterprises and organizations improve productivity or transform their business processes by leveraging technological services and solutions.
EMF is set up to facilitate small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to expand their markets outside Hong Kong by providing financial support to SMEs for participation in export promotion activities.
Cyberport/HKSTP are innovative digital and technological communities which foster innovation and entrepreneurship by cultivating talent, promoting entrepreneurship among youth and establishing international partnerships.
Cyberport / Hong Kong Science and Technology Park Fund
In June 2012, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government set up a "Dedicated Fund on Branding, Upgrading and Domestics Sales" (the BUD Fund) to help Hong Kong enterprises capture the opportunities arising from the National 12th Five-Year Plan.
What is BUD Fund The purpose of the BUD Fund focus on assisting enterprises in exploring and developing the China Mainland market through developing brands, upgrading and restructuring their operations and promoting domestic sales in the Mainland.
Enhancements on the BUD Fund In August 2018, the Government extended the geographical coverage of the BUD Fund to also include the Association of Southeast Asian Nation ("ASEAN") markets. *ASEAN comprises Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam In January 2020, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government further expanded the geographical coverage to other economies with which Hong Kong had signed Free Trade Agreements (“FTAs”) to support enterprises utilising the economic opportunities. *These economies, as at July 2021, include the Mainland, ASEAN, Australia, Chile, the four member states of the European Free Trade Association (i.e. Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), Georgia, Macao and New Zealand. From July 2021, a new round of enhancement measures by phases from 30 July 2021 to the second quarter of 2022 is launched by the Government to help Hong Kong enterprises better develop in more diversified markets. The enhancements will be implemented by three phases from 30 July 2021 to the second quarter of 2022, as follows: Phase 1 (effective from 30 July 2021)
• Increase the cumulative funding ceiling per enterprise from to HK$6 million
• Extend the geographical coverage to Japan and the Republic of Korea
Phase 2 (Q1 2022)
• Extend the geographical coverage to Austria, Belgo-Luxembourg Economic Union, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Sweden and the United Kingdom
Phase 3 (Q2 2022)
• Extend the geographical coverage to Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates *As at July 2021, Hong Kong has signed 22 IPPAs covering 31 foreign economies, including the ten member states of the ASEAN, Australia, Austria, Belgo, Luxembourg Economic Union, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand (an ASEAN member state), the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. The geographical coverage of the BUD Fund will be extended from the 20 FTA economies to the 37 economies with which Hong Kong has signed FTAs and/or IPPAs.
Scope of the funded Projects Branding Brand Strategy and Positioning, Brand Building and Design, Brand Management, etc.
Upgrading and Restructuring New product Design, Adoption of Advanced Technology, Management and Logistics System Upgrading, Manufacturing Automation, etc.
Promoting Sales Sales marketing research, Strategic Planning, Sales Team Formation and Management, etc.
Project Measures Relevant operation cost for new business entity setup Additional manpower recruiting Additional machinery, equipment or moulding, Procuring Advertisement Exhibitions/Promotional events Company website establishment and enhancement Mobile app for promotional purpose.
Funding amount Cumulative funding ceiling per enterprise: HK $6,000,000, which is the total cumulative funding ceiling of the Scheme ("Mainland Programme" and "FTA and IPPA Programme") per enterprise. Funding Ceiling per Project: HK $1,000,000 Maximum number of approved projects: 60 Funding Disbursement: Applicant enterprise can select either method
 - Initial Payment required OR method
 - Initial Payment not required to submit application.
For more details, please get in touch with us.
Technology Voucher Programm (TVP)
Launched in November 2016, TVP aims to support local enterprises/organisations in using technological services and solutions to improve productivity, or upgrade or transform their business processes.
Eligibility Local entities fulfilling the following requirements are eligible to apply for funding under the TVP:
(ai) Registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Cap. 310); OR
(aii) Incorporated and registered in Hong Kong under the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622); OR
(aiii) Established in Hong Kong by relevant ordinances as statutory bodies;
(b) Not a listed company in Hong Kong, and not a government subvented organisation3 or subsidiary of any government subvented organisation3;
(c) With substantive business operation in Hong Kong which is related to the project under application at the time of application.
Key Features Provide funding for projects on a 3 (Government):1 (enterprise/organisation) matching basis.
Cumulative funding ceiling per enterprise/organisation: HK$600,000.
Maximum number of approved projects per enterprise/organisation: 6
Project duration: less than 12 months
1. Technology Consultancy
2. Purchase, rental or subscription of customised equipment/hardware, software and technological services or solutions that form an essential part of the project.
3. Purchase, rental or subscription of off-the-shelf/readily available equipment/hardware, software and technological services or solutions that form an essential part of the project.
4. Project auditing (for projects with approved funding > $50,000. The maximum audit fee to is $3,000).
TVP invites applications for funding all year round.
1. Obtain written quotations and probity and non-collusive quotation/tendering certificate from technology service provider(s) and supplier(s)
2. Applicants should register as user and submit their applications through the TVP dedicated website (https://tvp.itf.gov.hk) with necessary support documents.
3. Vetting. Upon receipt of an application, ITC will check its eligibility and conduct a preliminary screening. ITC may also seek clarification or supplementary information from the applicant if necessary. 3.1 Assessment Criteria - Relevance of the proposed project to the applicant's business - Reasonableness of the budget - Reasonableness of the implementation details - Adverse record of consultants and/or service provider(s) as known to the Committee and ITC if available.
4. A successful applicant is required to enter into a funding agreement with the Government.
5. Project implementation. Strong justifications is required if any modification, amendment or addition to approved project (e.g. project duration, services provider, equipment, budget) are to be carried out.
6. Disbursement of Funding.
1. An initial payment of up to 25% of the approved funding amount is payable to a designated bank account after signing of the funding agreement and upon the applicant's production and ITC's verification of proof (e.g. bank deposit receipt) showing the deposit of the applicant's corresponding share of contribution to the same bank account.
2. The final payment will be made to the applicant upon project completion and acceptance of the final project report by ITC. For more details, please get in touch with us.3. SME Export Marketing Fund (EMF)
SME Export Marketing Fund (EMF) Objectives The SME Export Marketing Fund (EMF) is set up to facilitate small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to expand their markets outside Hong Kong by providing financial support to SMEs for participation in export promotion activities. Funding Scope • Trade exhibitions held outside Hong Kong targeting markets outside Hong Kong. • Trade exhibitions held in Hong Kong targeting markets outside Hong Kong.
• Trade exhibitions held in Hong Kong targeting the local market.*
• Online trade exhibitions.* • Business missions outside Hong Kong.
• Online business missions.
• Advertisements on trade publications which mainly target markets outside Hong Kong.
• Export promotion activities which are conducted through electronic platforms/media and which mainly target markets outside Hong Kong.
• Setting up or enhancement of a corporate website/mobile application of the applicant enterprise which mainly targets markets outside Hong Kong. *For a period of two years starting from 30 April 2021, the funding scope of EMF is expanded to cover large-scale exhibitions staged by organisers with good track record targeting the local market, as well as online exhibitions; and the eligibility criteria is relaxed to cover non-SMEs.
Eligibility and Requirement
• It must be a non-listed enterprise registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Cap.310).
• It must have substantive business operations in Hong Kong at the time of making the application.
• Connected enterprises are treated as if they are one enterprise
• It must not be the organiser/co-organiser/service provider or a related company of the organiser/co-organiser/service provider of the promotion activity and the related services covered by the application.
Funding Amount Funding Ceiling per Application
• Each application should cover expenditure of promotion activity.
• HK$100,000, at maximum or 50% of the total approved expenditure incurred by the applicant enterprise. Cumulative Funding Ceiling per Enterprise
• HK $800,000 • There is no limit on the number of applications by an enterprise for funding support under EMF. General document required for application • A duly completed application form.
• A copy of a valid Business Registration Certificate of the applicant enterprise.
• A copy of a valid Hong Kong Identity Card or Passport of the person signing the application form for and on behalf of the applicant enterprise.
• For application for reimbursement: Original receipts/certified true copy of each receipt in relation to payments made by the applicant enterprise for declared expenditure items, plus a copy each of the relevant invoices/quotations/contracts (showing detailed contact information of the issuing organisation). The name of the payer shown on the receipt(s)/ documents must be the same as the name of the applicant enterprise.
• For applications for initial payment cum final payment: Original receipts/certified true copy of each receipt of deposit paid and the relevant booking confirmation/signed contracts/ invoices/quotations (showing detailed contact information of the issuing organisation) if payments for the declared expenditure items have not been made in full upon application for initial payment. The name of the payer shown on the receipt(s)/documents must be the same as the name of the applicant enterprise. Original receipts/certified true copy of each receipt of payments specified in the guide (6)(a) should be submitted upon a corresponding application for final payment.
Cyberport has the following projects
- Cyberport I&T Vocational Internship Programme
- Cyberport Creative Micro Fund
- Cyberport Creative Micro Fund - Hong Kong Youth Entrepreneurship Programme
- Cyberport-University Partnership Programme
The Science and Technology Park has the following projects
- Pre-nurturing programme - Entrepreneurship Cultivation
- Accelerate Business Development
- Investment Opportunities
- Global Network
- Laboratory and Technical Support Services
- Talent Education
- Accommodation Support
- Corporate Support
The maximum application amount of the enterprise/individual funding amount: 1 million
Complete the form below, and one of our team members will contact you shortly
Would you like to learn more?
Room 504, Building C, Jinyu Creative Park, No. 22, Chuangyuan Road, Panyu District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province
Mr. Qiu of a coffee shop in Hong Kong recently wanted to open his own coffee bean online shop to sell overseas. However, the lack of certain operating funds caused his plan to be delayed year after year, and the online shop without promotion funds was ultimately has no improvement. In April 2020, Mr. Qiu found our company and we helped him applied for the EMF SME Marketing Fund for Mr. Qiu based on his actual situation and helped Mr. Qiu successfully obtain a free promotion subsidy of 600,000RMB.
Mr. Li is the director of a media company in Hong Kong. His company has just been established for 3 months and has a monthly turnover of less than 30,000. Because of his lack of experience in applying for technology vouchers, the government had to ask him to confirm the details of the project many times. This confused him. The time it takes to abandon the application is considerable, and if you don't give up, you never know when it will be approved. As a result of capital turnover challenges in 2020, our company found Mr. Li, and after understanding his needs, we provided a series of support services for him. The project is approved in 2021. The project can be completed smoothly.
A Dubai advertising agency also registered a company in Hong Kong among its clients are Facebook and Google wanted to expand business in mainland China. Our team assisted the manufacturer in applying for the BUD mainland special fund. The client does not have to worry about dozens of application documents and applications, they just need to cooperate with us and the relevant departments during the application process for BUD special funds. With the approval in 2020, Dubai advertising company can now establish its brand and market in mainland China without any further problems.